Saturday, July 2, 2011

And in the mornin'...I'm makin' WAFFLES!

Greetings, lovely readers.

I promised a more positive post, and I will now attempt to deliver. I wouldn't say that I'm feeling chipper and delightful quite yet, but I am definitely feeling better thanks to a relaxing Saturday. I slept in, ate some gross oatmeal, watched "The Reader" (a greeeat movie--highly recommend), and am now with Laura at The Meeting Place, a cafe in San Blas, where we both just ate some delicious waffles. I'm a bit of a waffle snob, so I don't usually expect much of restaurant waffles, but The Meeting Place turns out an excellent product. Airy, flavorful, and extra great when topped with bananas. I figured that a waffle would be a safe item to eat considering its qualities of meatlessness, plainness, and banana-topped-ness.

Also this morning, I did some housekeeping around my room. I organized the gifts that I've currently accumulated (I think I may have to leave all of my clothes in Cusco...heh), cleaned out my purse, changed the trash bags, painted my toenails, and got a shower, primarily to breathe in some steam in the hopes that it would soothe my sore throat. It seems that when it rains, it pours, and I speak both literally and figuratively. Yesterday and today, Cusco was offered the unexpected gift of a prolonged rain shower! While rather gloomy and muddy, it was definitely a good thing for the plants. In a more figurative sense, I think I am fighting not only good poisoning, but also the start of a headcold. I think I might stop by the pharmacy and find myself some cough medicine. Or maybe just breathe lots more steam. :-)

I must cut this short, however, as The Meeting Place has closed, and Laura and I are still here! Until next time, dear friends, have a happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment