Saturday, May 14, 2011

The House Tour You've All Been Waiting For!

Hi friends! I know that I promised a tour of my apartment weeks ago, but the process of uploading pictures is terribly tedious, and I didn't have time for such folly until now! Without further adieu, here is the humble abode which Laura and I currently call "home sweet home." :-)

First, the major highlights. The gigantic bathtub (yet to be used--I think I might have to fix that...perhaps tomorrow!) and the washing machine. These amenities, plus our wireless internet, will be the most difficult items to leave when we switch to apartment number two in a few weeks.





In addition to these lovely first floor amenities, we have a nice little common room, a kitchen, and a small bathroom. The downstairs bathroom isn't really worth the upload time, but if you really want to see it, you can fly here and I'll show it to you. :-) Featured in the kitchen photo is beautiful Laura, and on our kitchen table are some flowers that I bought at the Huancaro Mercado for the equivalent of about thirty cents. Joyful insanity.







We shall now proceed upstairs, where the first room you encounter is our studyish, libraryish area. We don't actually make a whole lot of use of this space, but I love looking through the books, many of which are pretty great, and occasionally Laura "fixes" our internet connection by unplugging and replugging the router into the wall.



Next is the forbidden room, which we are for some reason not supposed to use. Luckily, we have no real need for it, but we do pass through it en route to our upstairs patio. I wish that we could make more use of our patio as a place for relaxing in the sunshine, but it gets dusty approximately five seconds after it's been dusted, so it has primarily functioned as a place for us to hang our laundry to dry.





Next, we enter my room, which, as you can see, has awesome purple walls. The desk in the picture is no longer in my room because I moved it to make more space for exercising and practicing yoga. Directly across from my room is Laura's room, and at the end of the hall, in between our rooms, is the bathroom, which has a pretty awesome shower that always gets hot and has a little ledge for me to use when I shave my legs (which I do every time that I shower because smooth legs are awesome).







And that, my friends, is my house. As some of the more observant readers may have noticed, there are quite a few textile items hanging on the walls of various rooms. This is because the owner of our apartment is affiliated with Cusco's Center for Traditional Textiles. Basically, if a stranger were to enter our apartamento, he or she would think we were hardcore Peruvians...that is, until they lay eyes upon my blond hair and our pale complexions. We can only do so much...

Sleep well, amigos!

1 comment: