Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My New Addiction

So this will be quick. I would just like to say that I have developed a new addiction...the podcast. I kept seeing Laura sitting at her computer and laughing hysterically at some podcast or other, and I couldn't help but wonder what all the fuss was about! Now I understand, and I've been downloading podcast after podcast to find my favorites! And they are...

1. The Moth - People tell stories from their lives and it's touching and interesting and engaging.

2. TED Talks - Brief (15-minute) lectures on every topic you can think of! I like these because they make me feel more equipped to at least engage in an initial conversation about so many topics!

3. Notes in Spanish Advanced - Clear conversations held at a realistic speed to help the more advanced Spanish speaker to grow his or her vocabulary and comprehension skills. Quite interesting conversation topics too!

Okay so that's all I've got right now...maybe "addict" is a strong word...heh. But I'd welcome any recommendations from those of you who also enjoy podcasts. I'm particularly interested in the funny and the touching, of course with the caveat that they be free of cussin'!

That's all for now! I'm off to the post office and to drop off a deposit and to make a restaurant reservation and to argue my case against LAN airlines. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment