Thursday, June 23, 2011

They have arrived!

Paul and Eileen are in the HOUSE. That's all I have time to say right now. I'm tired and headed to bed.

Actually, though, one quick story. We went to the grocery store earlier tonight to buy some provisions for tomorrow. Tomorrow is Inti Raymi, the Incan Festival of the Sun, and we're going to go and watch the festivities take place, and I've been told that it's good to pack food and drink because it can be rather a long and crowded day. So we went to the grocery store, and my dad sees this bread that he wants to buy. So he looks at the bread lady, and then, without speaking, points to the bread he wants and then holds up three fingers to indicate that he wants three of them. The woman is clearly amused not only by his attempts at speaking solely through hand gestures, but also because he has totally jumped in front of the line of people waiting for their bread without realizing it! I got into the line and when it was my turn, the woman was still laughing at Dad's attempt at bread-buying. It was awesomely funny.

More soon, folks! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment